11.29.2005

Tumbleweeds



















I just wanted to share a couple of photos from my trip out west over Thanksgiving. This is my friend Kati, who also grew up in the Panhandle of Texas. We wanted to share the beauty of our land with ya'll, so we pulled the car over and took a few photos of the landscape. Please notice the big sky and flat land, with a backdrop of very typical tumbleweeds and barbed wire fences.

Ladies and gentlemen, this is what I call home. We don't grow those ol' regular tumbleweeds of merely a foot or two high- we grow those that are mightier than we are tall. Sunday was a blustery day that I saw these critters blowin across the plains...rollin towards nowhere.

I hope you enjoy ~ it's not everyday you get to experience a little bit of West Texas...

10 Comments:

Blogger Creth said...

incredible.

and courier, that's new.

11/29/2005 8:41 AM  
Blogger cr said...

Yeah, I don't like the courier in general. And, I don't really like couriers in general. I like deliveries, just not by couriers.

But good job with the tumbleweeds. I saw my first one in real life the other day. It was exciting. It wasn't nearly so tall though. Just a wee little fellow, strolling across the interstate.

Orange porridge. Say that 10 times fast. Eventually it will rhyme.

11/29/2005 9:57 AM  
Blogger Creth said...

courier, I use courier exclusively...

tumbleweeds, I've only seen tiny ones... nothing the size of an average girl.

Orange porridge? inside joke?

11/29/2005 10:02 AM  
Blogger cr said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

11/29/2005 10:08 AM  
Blogger cr said...

Generally I prefer sans serif fonts. However, I don't like the lack of distinction betweens ls and Is. lIlIlIlI.

Orange porridge. Not an inside joke. Just something that randomly attacks my hearing area of the brain, and I am forced to repeat "Orange porridge, orange porridge..." over and over until it finally rhymes. Then I'm released from its grips. It is an intense battle. Fortunately it is one that can always be won...unless some day I lose the power to rhyme. But if I live to see that day, hopefully someone will shoot me anyway. That would not be a life worth living.

11/29/2005 10:09 AM  
Blogger Creth said...

what happened?

I passed out, is everything okay?

what happend to red pony?

11/29/2005 11:38 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

There is something about tumbleweed that really makes me smile. The tumbleweed just wants to be free, you know?

It's always moving and blowing and roaming.

I miss West Texas when I see tumbleweed.

Thanks for the share. Thanks for the lil' piece of West Texas.

ALSO- I like orange porridge. AND, I like the way Christian thinks.

11/29/2005 11:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i like the way christian thinks too.

11/30/2005 6:51 AM  
Blogger Creth said...

prayin' for ya

11/30/2005 6:59 AM  
Blogger Creth said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

12/01/2005 5:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home