9.28.2005

Tell Me Please!!

What is it God? Tell me, please...what exactly are you trying to do with my life? Struggles, pain, trials, lessons...why does there always have to be a lesson? Why can't it just be something that I'm gonna run into and then get out of? Can't we just have a normal day?

Now Amy...who am I to question God? I am just so overwhelmed right now. He's physically removing people from my life. He's literally showing me pictures of who I can be in Him. He's emotionally prodding me to do something more. He's spiritually convicting me about being HIS child. Now...if He could just audibly speak the underlying theme, the ulterior motive, the intended purpose, the end goal...I would be SO much better off...seriously. But it's now become a matter of faith.

A friend asked me the other day how she was ever going to know God's will for her. How else do I respond except with the ominous Sunday School answers..."stay in the Word, pray, ask the Holy Spirit to guide you". Today I told Emmers that sometimes we just need a little skin. God, I need not only skin, but a set of instructions with steps labeled 1., 2. and 3. oh right...the Bible. I know it...I've got all the answers. God can speak audibly - He can physically show you His will. But application...application is the difficult part. Let go and let God. Turn it over to Him. "Trust in the Lord with all thine heart and lean not on thine own understanding..." Those annoying little one-liners that resound in our head...the problem is that they're all Truth.

Things are good - they really are. But do you ever get that brief sense of boredom and discontent? (or sometimes not-so-brief...) I feel as though God has placed a dozen different "life-paths" in front of me in just as many days. I go back to my days of Psalty the Singing Songbook and remember all of the children shouting at once that he or she could be a "teacher, a preacher, a nurse, a lawyer, a doctor, or even a janitor!" That is exactly what is going through my head right now. Is it a struggle with contentment or is it God pushing me to do His work? There is no definitive path. I want to so be in His will, because, for obvious reasons, "I won't be happy, content, or satisfied until I am."

Goodness, I do sound a bit cynical today. Maybe it's the cold front coming in. Maybe it's my age. Maybe it's just me. Regardless, like my friend needs to hear a heartbeat, I need an audible voice. A very, very loud one.

Thank you God for being who I need...especially when I don't even know Who or what that is...
"...and my God will meet all your needs according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:19

4 Comments:

Blogger Creth said...

I don't want to try to "answer" your... problem

I'll listen

9/28/2005 12:04 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I'm with Creth on this one...

Amy, I love you and you are constantly in my prayers- but that's not enough. I will never be enough for you. None of us will ever be enough. Skin will never be enough.

The only advice I have for you, is to continue doing exactly what you are: seek Him. He'll not abandon you in your search.

9/28/2005 2:27 PM  
Blogger Creth said...

What is it God? Tell me, please...what exactly are you trying to do with my life?
everything. would you have time that I tell you the many plans that I have for your life? does the potter tell the clay...

Struggles, pain, trials, lessons...why does there always have to be a lesson?
to impart wisdom and knowledge. ask a father, listen to a mother, do they not know that their child will endure pain and struggles. all for the better.

Why can't it just be something that I'm gonna run into and then get out of? C an't we just have a normal day?
look at the days of your life. what day has been normal? would you rather a day pass when none are against you and I am silent to your heart.

I made you an athlete, so you'll understand that your heart is a muscle and it must be worked out. It will tear and bleed that it might grow.

or are you happy with a normal day?

9/28/2005 3:24 PM  
Blogger Creth said...

I listened and it turned out I had something to say... but you already knew this

9/28/2005 3:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home