10.02.2005

Whose

My heart is dry but still I'm singing...Rain Down.

I am longing for the precipitative grace that Christ so undeservingly shares. I am surrounded by water - by unending streams and fountains of fulfillment, but instead feel a parched sensation that is brought on by such complacency and false contentment that I once thought was peace. I seek to know Him with my whole heart - not another thought consumes me more than pursuing a passionate adventure with my Creator, than knowing the thoughts, the motives, the innermost desires He has for my life. But in my short-sighted pursuit, I drink water that does not satisfy and eat only of which leaves me longing for more.

I am the one on the auction block - fallen, naked, and empty. I've sought the pleasures of the world and asked for the approval of man. When there was One who asked me to look to His eyes and be loved in His arms, I turned my head towards the ground and in all insecurity, asked for an ephemeral moment of quiet that would only last until the next cloud approached and the storms rained down. But I am His and I have been bought at a price. As I stand in front of Him with nothing left but failed attempts at greatness, he stretches out His majestic and tender arms and offers nail-pierced hands, dripping with the blood of sacrifice, payment for my complacency and selfish desires. He says "Come to me, Sweet Amy, Daughter of Mine. I will bring you to my glory and raise you to righteousness. I want you now, I want you as you are. Bring to me your insecurity, your fear, your loneliness, your dreams. I want to make you strong and courageous and fulfill your longings and your desires. You are made in my image, with my emotions and my desires. Your life is precious to me and I don't want another minute to be wasted. Come to me and let me love you and restore you to the life I have so intended. You are mine. Let go of yourself and reach for me...with everything you've got."

I am His. I am fulfilled. He is Mine.

Now the next step...

6 Comments:

Blogger Creth said...

a lot of times when I read a blog I'll hear questions, I didn't hear that today

thanks for being honest and true, bold with what He's shown you

10/04/2005 5:36 AM  
Blogger Toph said...

"But in my short-sighted pursuit, I drink water that does not satisfy and eat only of which leaves me longing for more."

So true...

10/04/2005 8:44 AM  
Blogger Creth said...

I won't comment on my own... so I'll reply on yours...

"ouch" -yes it's definitely a good "ouch"

I've found assurance...

that's good

10/04/2005 11:48 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Ames-
Great words today. You echo some of my very same thoughts/feelings.

Thanks for being you, Amy Diane!

10/04/2005 1:20 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Ames-

You make me laugh. You must consider watching the last 20% of 'Breakfast at Tiffany's'. It happens to be the best 20% of the entire movie. Paul gives a moving speech on life being a fact, and people belonging together. It's great. And they kiss in the rain. All in black and white. Beautiful.

I can't hear the song 'Moon River' without becoming instantly happy and sentimental.

Ah, I love that movie.

10/09/2005 6:20 AM  
Blogger Jason Mayes said...

But why take another step? Is there such a thing? Do we really "move" from that spot of being fulfilled, or do we as Captialistic Americans say there is another step?

Keep on being real because it is refreshing.

10/10/2005 2:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home