12.03.2005

Saying Goodbye to Stella

There comes a point in one's life when we must let go of the things we love. Sometimes those things are to be lost forever...other times they are replaced. Today I took the step and let go of sweet Stella. We had been through so much together, and yet it was time.

Stella came into my life a little over a year ago and changed my world dramatically. I was less frivolous in my daily decisions and developed a new confidence. She was there to comfort me when I was sad, embraced me when I was frustrated, and took me places that I had never been before. She welcomed my friends and loved ones with open arms and didn't discriminate in her love and affection of others. She was more than I could have ever hoped for and will always hold a very special and endearing place in my heart.

Today I said goodbye. Today I let go, as I found something greater...something more meaningful.

Stella has a new home in Fort Worth and is under the care of Christopher Tootle and the staff at Moritz Kia of White Settlement, Texas. I know they will be able to love her and care for her far more than I ever could and provide new and very loving parents. Goodbye forever, Stella...I will never forget you. I would say that I hope to see you someday, but pending an unlikely trip towards the west half of the Metroplex, it probably isn't going to happen. Farewell, my friend... [Exit Stage Right Stella]

[Enter Stage Left Silverstone Charcoal Passat]
Welcome newcomer - a world of exploration, adventure and endless possibilites await us. Today is the beginning of the rest of your life (for the next 14 months or so...).

World, please meet my new friend and travel guide. Like Stella, she has entered my life unnamed, and is calling upon your assistance. I would like to open the floors in request of a name for my new companion. You see, Stella earned her name. She was intrepid, dangerous, relentless and fast. Stella was named after Charlize Theron and her Mini-Cooper in
The Italian Job, due to their desire for adventure and SPEED. The letters of Stella's name also come from an alternate arrangement of those letters found in silver jetta, appropriately.

My charge to you is this: give Silverstone Charcoal Passat her new name and set her free from the chambers of anonymity.


37 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Goodbye Stella. I did enjoy your never ending need for speed, as well as your relentless jockeying for better highway positioning.

Don't let the folks of Ft. Worth tame you. You're a wild heart, and as they say, wild hearts can't be broken.

Keep on a truckin'.

As for the challenge: I'm gonna need to think on that for a bit....

12/03/2005 11:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Patsi, would be my entry. More passive than Stella, yet not retiring, just gentle and efficient.

12/04/2005 6:22 AM  
Blogger cr said...

...

12/04/2005 5:04 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Okay...so, I think she needs a German name, because...well...she IS German.

I was thinking 'Ava', which is a good classic German name. Ava means 'Bird', which is fitting for the way you drive (fast, yet graceful)

Also...a famous Ava would be Ava Gardner, who was breathtakingly beautiful and endlessly graceful, but also strong and determined and fierce.

She, much like yourself, was a small town girl who was lured by the bright lights of the city.

Also, there are 2 A's in 'Passat' and a V in 'Volkswagan' :)

Anyway...that's my choice...

12/04/2005 9:48 PM  
Blogger Creth said...

I submit the name, "Five"

12/05/2005 4:59 AM  
Blogger cr said...

And when you smoke up, you can call it "High Five."

12/05/2005 8:08 AM  
Blogger Creth said...

('smoke out')

and in a car... "hot box"

anyway, "Five" because this is number... five correct?

12/05/2005 8:27 AM  
Blogger cr said...

Hee hee. You can tell Mary June and I are good friends ;)

12/05/2005 8:34 AM  
Blogger Creth said...

nope, I meant five as in cars, but I didn't know about the Galant... and yes, very strange pattern

anyway, I now submit to you the name "Six"

and I don't mean Blossom's BFF

12/05/2005 8:35 AM  
Blogger Creth said...

then you could say things like-

"sure, Creth took Six our for a spin and topped out at one-twenty, but then again... I BET HE COULD DRIVE FASTER"

(I noticed that the governor was at like... 140?? 160??)

12/05/2005 8:39 AM  
Blogger Creth said...

AGH!!

MARY JANE

and OBVIOUSLY YOU'VE NEVER HAD THE PLEASURE OF MEETING HER!!!?!?!?!

wow. I really need to talk with Betty

Betty Ford.

12/05/2005 8:43 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Christian makes me laugh.

AND

THE CAR IS GERMAN!

SO...If you're gonna go the number route,I think "sechs" would be more appropriate.

PS. the word verification begins with max...maybe you should name her 'Max'...maybe this is a sign

12/05/2005 8:54 AM  
Blogger Creth said...

Emily. we all know what "sechs" sounds like... that's just plain silly

and AMY ISN'T GERMAN

crap. I could have stepped in it there, I really can't remember what her heritage is...

but this is Amy's car, not Germany's

and you have to admit, Six is just plain cool

I mean, I was thinkin' about namin' mine "Three" but that's just too small of a number...

12/05/2005 8:58 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

hahaha...

I guess I didn't sound the word out before submitting.

Honestly, I just freetranslation.com'd the word 'six'...

12/05/2005 9:05 AM  
Blogger Jen said...

LOVE your car. Naming a car...never named my car, but it is a great idea.

I vote for "sechs" just for the pleasure of seeing people's faces when you say it and them trying to get the courage to ask "why" hahahaahha

"Six" personally is too boring...you need something unique.....hmmmmm....nothing here yet.

12/05/2005 9:05 AM  
Blogger amy said...

Please excuse my behavior as I must go against blog-rules and self-comment.

Creth: We are naming the CAR. She is German. We are not naming ME as I already have a name (regardless of my heinz 57 heritage).

12/05/2005 9:08 AM  
Blogger Jen said...

Wait...is it black or blue?

IF black...Black Beauty? Black Stallion? Power, strength, grace and beauty??

12/05/2005 9:09 AM  
Blogger amy said...

"Silverstone Charcoal"

12/05/2005 9:10 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Creth- HA-HA (imagine me sticking my tongue out at you)

12/05/2005 9:14 AM  
Blogger Jen said...

and that means???

I am assuming more a grayish/black? I was never good at the "fancy" colors...just knew the basics. :)

12/05/2005 9:14 AM  
Blogger amy said...

Try this...there are many that I like.
Source: anonymous submission

http://www.babynameworld.com/german-girl.asp

12/05/2005 9:14 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Zelda! gray warrior!

perfect.

12/05/2005 9:20 AM  
Blogger cr said...

I like Fiona.

Or maybe Natasha.

OR...how about Marina!

What a great idea.

It's Russian, not German, but who's counting?

12/05/2005 10:01 AM  
Blogger Creth said...

you people... it's sad

and Six is a great name, perfectly unique and appropriate, soooo appropriate

one day you all will be copying me and naming your vehicle "Six"

the day will come, the day will come

(word verification... "yo")

12/05/2005 11:49 AM  
Blogger Jen said...

"Six" is not a good car name...

On another note....I actually knew a guy called "Six" it was his nickname..

12/05/2005 12:28 PM  
Blogger Creth said...

actually "The Dallas Observer" was my nickname before a bitter legal battle with a local publication forced me to use my "legal" name...

12/05/2005 12:42 PM  
Blogger Creth said...

6

12/06/2005 8:14 AM  
Blogger Creth said...

"six"

I figured it out-

I'm ahead of my time, at least, that's what they told me last time I visited the past

12/07/2005 6:23 AM  
Blogger Creth said...

can we say, "Blue Steel"

12/08/2005 8:50 AM  
Blogger Toph said...

uh, congrats on the new car...this much wit also intimidates me to suggest a name...

Let me know so I can address her properly when we're introduced...

12/08/2005 9:45 AM  
Blogger Creth said...

come now... give us something, maybe nothing personal, just a quote or a lyric

(you know that Lucado piece would be wonderful...)

1/09/2006 7:36 AM  
Blogger Jason Mayes said...

Have you given up on writing?

1/10/2006 5:50 AM  
Blogger cr said...

Yea, where hither hast thou gone?

1/11/2006 12:25 PM  
Blogger Creth said...

I know you don't write any more...

do you remember Jen? she's got a brother that moved down to Texas...

anyway, she's a GMAILER NOW!

1/12/2006 12:52 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

This is interesting.

I think we should discuss it more on a road trip.

Say Colorado?

1/25/2006 2:50 PM  
Blogger Creth said...

you weren't saying "goodbye" to Stella... you were saying goodbye to blogger...

1/30/2006 8:15 AM  
Blogger Creth said...

time for "myspace" no time for blogspot?

3/29/2006 3:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home